For anyone and everyone who takes pleasure in a beautifully organized broom closest or who stays awake at night thinking about kitchen liners. This is a blog dedicated to the love of all things organizational.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Teacher-Librarian



I am just about to start a program to extend my degree in teaching by becoming a teacher-librarian. After thinking about teaching and my career I came to the realization that being a teacher-librarian would be the perfect fit for me. It will hopefully combine all my favorite things. I love reading stories to children, I think that it would be great to support teachers with resources and I always loved doing displays in my own classroom so I think that I would love doing multiple themed book displays and bulletin boards. And of course the idea of spending time organizing books makes me happy; labelling, covering, categorizing and shelving books just feels right.

I remember when I was in teachers college I asked to spend some time in the library as part of my program and in one of the libraries I was in I could not believe how unorganized the librarians office once. All I could do was think about how much amazing organizing I could do if I could have a few days alone in that library.

I love libraries in general. Just walking through a library and looking at all the rows of books gives me a sense of calm and of course I am a huge fan of the services, especially now that I am a parent. So hooray for libraries and librarians.

3 comments:

  1. Jane thought you might like this article in my paper this morning....

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/nyregion/09organizer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey not sure if that link works but the article was called "Organize This" and was in today's paper!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love this link it's great, thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete