For anyone and everyone who takes pleasure in a beautifully organized broom closest or who stays awake at night thinking about kitchen liners. This is a blog dedicated to the love of all things organizational.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In the Beginning

For some reason ever since I was a child I have always been interested in clear in and organizing. When I was little I would not beagle to fall asleep unless my bookshelves were perfectly organized (my preferred system was largest to smallest books). I would also On occasion wake my parents up at night when I felt he sudden need to reorganize my bedroom closet. This involved piling and re piling storage boxes on the top shelves and colour coordinating my clothes.

I have always felt happiest in an environment that is clean and organized. I hate clutter and keeping things that are not being used. I usually go through my clothes a few times a year in order to de-clutter. This de-cluttering compulsion has sometimes caused issues, for example I have gotten rid of things and later regretted not having them (usually because I have gained or lost weight).

Overall I enjoy a more minimalistic lifestyle. I do think that I can relax and enjoy life more when my life is organized and tidy. I think that being able to find things easily and clean up easily also adds to my everyday experience. I think that I am less likely to buy stuff I don't actually need when the stuff I have is organized and accessible. I have curbed my more obsessive compulsive behaviors in favor of a more moderate approach. That being said I still can't help enjoying the recent organization of my hall closets and the thought of going through my bedroom this weekend and reorganizing my clothes in order of size and season.

1 comment:

  1. my preferred system is largest to smallest books too, and always has been, but I've been trying to mix it up lately...books of the same size one way, some on their sides...I always remember you having colour coded books in your living room and loving the look of it but...I'm more of a subject matter grouper - and sometimes grouping things that I find funny and no one else does...

    sigh.

    ReplyDelete